Monday, June 30, 2008

She's here!






Zoe decided to pick her own time and we went to the hospital @ 2:30 this morning. Dr wasn't readily available to give pain meds so Katrina had to do it on her own. She was such a trooper. When they did come in she didn't even flinch with the epidral. The baby had some problems like being posterior( upside down, heart rate dropping and staying too high in the uterine cavity. They had to start pictocin to get the contractions working more efficiently, but it often caused a lower heart rate for the baby. She did finally rotate in the end. It was rough but Zoe came in all her glory 1:37 pm today weighing 8lbs6.9 oz 22inches and has lots of dark curly hair. She is just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matthew myself and katrina's sister Kristin were able to coach and be there for the delivery. Wow!!!!!!!!! So different being on the other side of a miracle. Dad and grandma almost lost all vocal coaching ability as tears began to flow at the sight of her curly lock hair crowning. Today my baby became a woman! She did it with all the power grace and courage of ten thousand armies. I am so proud of her! Will post pictures soon. The camera is still at the hospital with Mom and Dad.

6 comments:

Jacque said...

Oh my gosh Nancy! What a beautiful ganddaughter you have! I am in tears! I have been just as excited for little zoe to come as you all have been!
I am in tears. For real. I am not exaggerated...here come the sniffles!
I am so proud of Katrina! WHat a miracle! I am so happy she is here, safe, and sound!
What hospital are you guys at?

Elizabeth said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I love all of the dark curly hair. Thank you for sharing with us.

Kristen said...

YAY!!! I am so happy for all of you. The baby is beautiful!!! Congrats! I cant wait to see more pics!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! We are all soo happy for you guys. Hugs and kisses to everyone.

Mom sends lots and lots of love and can't believe she has to wait so long before she gets to hold Zoe but was glad you got to be there for Zoe's arrival!!!

Congratulations again!!

xoxoxoxoxoxox

Mariela said...

This is the very best news. Congratulations to everyone in the family! Great job Katrina!

Sarah said...

Oh...she is so beautiful! I'm so happy for all of you! :)