Monday, July 7, 2008

Okay! More Pictures






Pictures were hard to get this week. Zoe had a rough first 24 hours her first day home on Wednesday July 2. She wasn't comfortable, Happy, or Satisfied. she Wouldn't latch on and eat long enough to bring down the colostrum. She came home at 11:15 am and never really ate. At 1:15 that night Mom and Dad were frazzled. I calmed her down and took her to the living room and held/ comforted her for about an hour and a half so so mom and Dad could sleep. Then she woke up and stayed awake crying until 2:00 am. I had Katrina use the breast pump with hot compresses to start stimulating her milk production. She was only able to get a little colostrum in a baby dropper after 20 or so minutes of pumping. I asked her if she had some formula and she did. I gave it to her and she guzzled it down. Katrina started crying and I felt so bad for her. I reassured her that as soon as the milk came in things would get better. Zoe slept finally for 31/2 hours in my arms so Mom and Dad could sleep. Needless to say in a 2 bedroom apartment no one got much sleep except Aaron who slept through it all!!!!!!!!!! The Dr saw Zoe the next morning and said to continue to supplement her until the milk came in. She has been so much happier since. She was jaundice though from the hemetoma(probably spelled it wrong) on her scalp from delivery. Zoe had to bake in the bili lights for a while so picture taking was delayed. She is doing better now and we took tons of pictures yesterday. She did get out in time for Aunt Kristin and Grandpa Steve to hold her before they flew home Sunday.

1 comment:

Mariela said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! I'm sure everyone was glad to have your help! I would be so grateful, moms are the best!