Wednesday, October 8, 2008

In Utah!

I came up to see my kidos for a few days. I left with my AAron crying though. Any one who knows us will remember that we are joined at the hip and don't do well apart. He has been fine since I left and his Daddy and siblings have been trying to keep his attention elsewhere.
I got here and Zoe wanted nothing to do with me. Katrina tried to get me to give her her bottle and put her to bed so she could get used to me being here all week. She was not having it. I took a nap in the afternoon and when I got up, Katrina had given Zoe a dose of tylenol, and she was a happy camper.
I got up the next morning apprehensive about how the day would go after our first morning together. I couldn't have asked for better. She was such an angel!! I did figure out after the first morning the she is a TV holic and if I fed her sitting in my lap facing the TV and didn't talk to her she did okay. Nap time came and I went in her room, turned on her primary cd, swadled her in her blanket, sang to her for a minute,layed her in her crib, and she was out. Katrina said she was trying to stretch out her time between feedings from 1 1/2 hours or 2 hrs to between 3-4. I got Zoe up and we played and exercised and after about 2 1/2 hours it was clear she was hungry. I found a pacifier in her toys and washed it and rubbed it on her gums (I think she will be like her mom and get teeth early!)she sucked it in and sucked on it for 45 min and I gave her her bottle. We made it 3 hours and 15 min yeah! I had such a great day. Hope today goes as well. So far so good. She is in her Red Sox outfit today so I will have to take a picture to show Uncle Chad ( he bought it for her Dad last Christmas, knowing that boy or girl, the baby would have to be a Red Sox fan! Ha Ha It was cute picturing Chad baby shopping.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am so glad you had a Wonderful time, you background snicher you.
I know it was too cute to pass up. I love the cutest blog backgrounds.
Have a Great Day.

Katrina Jackson said...

And I'm so glad it went well and we're happy to have you here!