Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Trials strengthen faith

Last night My dad had a priesthood blessing from one of the members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My mom got there this morning and the nurses called in the Dr to check him because for the first time they could hear bowl movements and sound,and his stomach was not distened and hard but soft and supple. His intestines have had no sound or movement since hospitalization and he hasn't eaten for 3 days. They had pumped everything out of him. The Dr said he didn't know how it could be possible(We know how!), because they were talking about either the risk of doing surgery to unblock the intestine and get it functioning or him dying from the poisoning. He had all the signs of bleeding internally.Doing surgery was a bad option as we had been told he'd probably never withstand anesthesia again, it would have probably killed him. Daddy is more at ease, his blood pressure and heart rate are back to normal and they took the tube out of his stomach late this afternoon to start giving him food. He is still not totally out of the woods yet. We will see if the food passes through the bowel. We also don't know if he is still bleeding internally until they see the stool. God had once again performed miracles and blessed our family. He is so much better today and I feel we have been so sent angels to care for him! I have prayed that if it be his time to return home to take him quickly so to not suffer any more and if not be, that the Dr would find out what was wrong and help him. He still must have some unfinished business here...maybe to build our testimonies of faith, I don't know, but he spared Daddy's life this last week for some reason. I still know our time with him is short, but I also know that the Lord will call him home when He is ready to call him home. I hope he can go home and leave this world peacefully at the appointed time from his home and bed with mother with him calm and not in distress, not in turmoil, looking at tubes and hospital equiptment. I close this blog in awe, humbled and grateful for my faith and a loving Father in Heaven!

1 comment:

Jacque said...

I am so pleased to hear this news! And I am so proud of you Nancy. You have such great faith. you're such a great example.I sure love you.