Friday, December 26, 2008

My Daddy, My Hero


Lester infant



Daddy and Mother get Married




Daddy and Mother in 1982





Daddy and Mother's 50th Anniversary



Daddy and Mother at Nell's wedding


Mother's Birthday Feb, 2008


This is going to be short as I need to pull my time and thoughts together after we get through this week. On tuesday December 24, 2008 My Daddy left his crippled, sick, tired body to go home to our Father in Heaven. He is now with his other family and free from the earthly trials he has endured. One of my favoriete sayings I gave him was " Any one can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Daddy!
He was my Daddy, my mentor, my teacher, my coach, my cheering squad, my doctor, my protector, my fixer,my hero. He lived a long, happy, tiring, hard working life and always put everyone before himself. He died at the age of 91. Sometime look back at the advances in the world since 1917, You will be amazed at the changes he has witnessed. He will be missed greatly especially by his eternal companion my mom, who spent 62 yrs with him. I am grateful to know I will see him again and we will be an eternal family. Like I know his mother and father were there to greet him, I know he will be standing with open arms to greet me when my time comes. I am most grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ, who made it possible to live again. May he rest from his earthly cares in peace and freedom until we meet again.
"God be with you til we meet again"
I love you Daddy!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

What a Wonderful Tribute to your Daddy. I am so sorry for your loss. If you need anything, maybe a shoulder to cry on or a baby to hold until you can see Zoie again, please let me know. Love you.